Monday, January 3, 2011

HAPPY 2011

Hey Guys and Gals!

I miss you all terribly today. Happy New Year- 2011! Can you believe we're in a year AFTER graduation? It's insane to think we're really "grown ups" now and trying to make our own paths in this world. My eyes are blood shot right now after having cried profusely last evening as Greg leaves New York this afternoon. Not to bring down the mood- just knowing that a lot is going to happen for the both of us in the next 6 months- with little time spent together- is overwhelming and quite frankly sad- when we wish we could share in these big life adventures together. Today Greg is interviewing at New York Medical College in White Plains, NY, about 45 minutes north of Manhattan. He's rocking the interview as we speak and I'm sitting at Conde Nast publications as a temp receptionist for the day. Fortunately we'll see each other at 2 as he heads out to the airport- but we said our "see you soons," last night.

I apologize in advance for the scattered-brain-ness of the rest of this post :) a lot in my head to say! :)

This month bodes to be a busy one. As they always are for me- haha. I keep myself busy in the city with 5- I'm not kidding- 5 jobs- each of which I will quit this month as I prepare for my tour with the Children's Theater. I'm at J. Crew, working as a waitress, assisting a podiatrist with his books, babysitting on Saturdays, and moonlighting as a receptionist. The last of which I will quit as soon as possible. Because I hate sitting at a desk, answering phone calls, and not being able to leave my seat unless someone steps in for in- the 5 minutes of which NO ONE CALLS- so it doesn't matter really anyways. Oh to be an actress. Anyways, all this will end soon as I will be prioritizing auditions this month. Several shows are auditioning for their summer productions at this time and I do not want to miss an opportunity to be seen. ALSO! I found someone to sublet my apt while I'm on the road!!!! She's actually opening a new broadway show in the chorus and is a wonderful, sweet girl that I met a few months back. It's SO exciting I have someone I trust AND I'll be able to keep the money I make on tour and not pay rent!

Random: People keep passing my desk telling me good morning, just gettting in, etc, and I wanna yell, "I've been here since 7:15 am!!!!!!!!" okay. Glad I got that out.

Wizard of Oz with American Family Theater begins a week rehearsal in Philly Feb. 12. I'm so pumped to be performing again. I can't believe it's been SO LONG. I did sing this weekend at a broadway bar- called "Don't Tell Mama," as a guest, my third time, but that's all the performing I've done since I've been here. I don't count the 45 auditions ;)

Mallory I'm so sad I won't be able to attend your bachelorette party. I really cannot wait to see you as a bride but I wish I could celebrate with the girls in April!!!!! I will definitely call you guys and send my love while I'm out on the road...

I enjoy yall's posts so extremely much. I'm thrilled for everyone's successes and hard work in their jobs, travels, and faith. You all inspire me and make me feel like I'm not the only one in our friends up in NYC. Oh! I have seen the Paynes quite a few times :) That's always a nice breath of fresh Vandy air. Love you all so so much and looking forward to Kiely's visit on the 14th. When I return to the city in June, I'd loveeee more visitors!!!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment