That's something I miss tonight.
But all in all, I can't complain. I have the potential for big stuff to happen this semester- since I only have class two days a week, I'm looking at companies I want to work at, places I want to volunteer at, and sites in LA I want to visit, concerts I want to go to, and things I want to experience. I'll post stuff in the comments if I remember to do it, regarding what I want to do/what I've done.
Friday is officially the last day I can withdraw from USC. And I don't think my lease is gonna get picked up by then- which means I'm almost positive I'm going to be here until May. After this semester, I'll pack up and spend the summer somewhere (maybe at a YoungLife camp, maybe just on my own, but probably back in Nashville if I can swing it) before I start actual adulthood. I still don't have a job lined up (I'm hoping I can do that this semester) but I know that God is capable of amazing opportunities and incredible leadership to get me there.
So what am I learning right now? Other than housing, park design (srsly), sustainability, and energy consumption of buildings, God's been working me hard on trinitarian theology and preparing me for a lifestyle of discipling people. He's showing me the grace that is the Church and the power of His people. And somehow, that He's using me no matter where I am or what I'm doing.
peace,
cb
update: just in an incredible case of God being, well, God, I got a call last night from my building that they found someone to take over my lease. I still haven't talked to the leasing agent about logistics of it all, but I can rejoice that God heard my prayer and responded... but according to His ways, not mine. I'm supposed to be in LA this semester- and even though I had the option to bail- I'm choosing to stay. I might not be in the same building for the rest of the semester, but I'll be in Los Angeles. You? come visit me, please!
some things on my list:
ReplyDelete-aquarium of the pacific
-hike to the hollywood sign
-go surfing
-ca science center
-getty museum
-magic mountain (the rival park to cedar point)
-be an extra in a movie
-be a seat filler at an award show
-crash a usc movie class where they bring in directors/actors/"talent"
-go to a few good concerts
-rock climb in malibu