Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dear Friends,

Yep, I still live in Kenya!  Things have gotten easier and more "normal life" feeling over the past month, although now "normal life" means getting pre-6am phone calls from Kenyans about cars and driving, living with the volunteers I coordinate, watching NFL games the day after they happen on international ESPN, eating tons of amazing ethnic foods (Indian, Ethiopian...), and driving on the left side of the road.

I actually get a little surprised when I remember that I live in Africa!  Which is a testament to how God can create the feeling of "home" anywhere.  He's blessed me with a new sense of contentment through a combination of the peace He is continually giving and new passions that I can pursue right where I am.  My Heavenly Father knows exactly what I need and He will provide it.

One of those new passions is cooking.  I've always really enjoyed cooking and grocery stores and recipes, but living in Kenya is a cooking with a whole new set of challenges.  I've been learning to make all sorts of things from scratch: pizza dough, bagels, rolls, meat marinades- all sorts of things.  Without normal (or pre-packaged) ingredients available, I make my own!  Without real cookbooks, my interest in "food blogging" has also been peaked.  So if you want to see what I'm cooking (or doing on a daily basis in Kenya) my blog is canyakenya.blogspot.com.

Otherwise, here are some pictures of my life here for the past couple of months!









Soon to come: me in a HOT pink bridesmaid's dress at a Kenyan wedding, a trip to the Kenyan coast, and who knows what else!

Love and MISS you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment