What a crazy few weeks it's been. What a crazy few months it's been. What a crazy semester it's been.
Here's what I've learned so far: (hey, lists)
-Building Science is something I would love to do for the next chapter of my life. What is building science? It's treating a building like an a bunch of variables, and you maximize the efficiency and use of the building through better design. Everything from how people use and view the building to how it acts when no one is in it.
-I have a huge heart for discipling college kids. And no matter where I go or what I do, that seems to follow me around.
-This program is not essential to me doing either of those things, and so I'm fully hoping to leaving as soon as I can.
-I'm ready for a job (something to do with my time) that has an income (so I can start doing more stuff with my free time other than watch Heroes on netflix instant)
And so because of those four things, I almost dropped out of grad school this week. Only problem is, I signed a lease... until July. So I'm praying and fasting and listening and talking to God about what it would take to get out of this building.
edit: the building let me sign up for the Assisted Relet program, where they pitch my lease to whoever is signing up for a new one. It's officially out of my hands.
But on top of all that, I know that God is watching my back and I'll be wherever I need to be next semester. No matter what happens, I know that I'll have victory as long as I keep subscribing to the kingdom that's not wholly of this earth (and don't worry, I plan on doing just that).
So I'll leave you all with another list- of prayer requests. (is this ok? do other people do this?)
-that someone buys out my lease
-that God preps me for whatever is gonna come my way next semester, whether that's in LA or... elsewhere. i have a few things on my heart about what i'd do.
peace,
cb
ps:next post gets us into triple digits! who's gonna nab it? we're ten posts away from triple digits!
But on top of all that, I know that God is watching my back and I'll be wherever I need to be next semester. No matter what happens, I know that I'll have victory as long as I keep subscribing to the kingdom that's not wholly of this earth (and don't worry, I plan on doing just that).
Hebrews 12:1-3Also, it's 80 today in LA. 25 and snowing in Nashville.
1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
So I'll leave you all with another list- of prayer requests. (is this ok? do other people do this?)
-that someone buys out my lease
-that God preps me for whatever is gonna come my way next semester, whether that's in LA or... elsewhere. i have a few things on my heart about what i'd do.
peace,
cb
ps:
triple digits? not true at all. 10 people haven't ACTUALLY posted their drafts and posts. we're only at 90, mr. blood.
ReplyDeletethat means that everyone else needs to post and FAST! the race for post no. 100 is on!
ReplyDelete