Thursday, October 27, 2011

NEW JOBBBB!

Oh hey there, long lost friends!!

Tyler and I still live in Chicago, still doing the newlywed thing, and Tyler is still working 100-hour weeks. BAHHH. Is it July yet? That's when he'll be done with the program and will hopefully get a job that doesn't have him working until 5am for days on end.

And I promise you, I am not exaggerating to get sympathy. It literally can go days and days without me seeing him in the daylight or even at a "P.M." hour. It's not so great.

BUT! The great news is that I have a new job! Drum roll please....



I'll be working as the new Program Manager of Adult Friendship at Best Buddies Illinois!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I've obviously been passionate about working in non-profit disability services for a long, long time now, and having done my HOD internship at Special Olympics Tennessee, I am thrilled to be joining the extended Special Olympics family with this job at Best Buddies.

If you don't know, Best Buddies pairs children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to typically-developing peers with the goal of creating opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, and leadership development. I will get to be the official matchmaker for the adult program, as well as organizing volunteer trainings and putting together social events and much much more.

This job really is an answered prayer, and I feel lucky to say that at 25 (omg I'm old!), I have gotten my dream job.

I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment