Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful

So it's been quite a while since I've posted (looks like I'm not the only one who that statement applies to...), but I was having a few conversations yesterday that made me think of you guys a bunch and about what I'm thankful for as thanksgiving approaches. It was one of those obvious and simple realizations that made a few connections and had a profound impact in my thinking - I changed a lot in college. I became who I am in college and really discovered faith and my passions. And that was incredible because of the community I was a part of. Someone asked me yesterday, "So it was community that really shaped you in college, huh?"... "Yeah, definitely. And I'm so thankful for them." College is over, but those memories and that community isn't. God used you guys to make me into the person I am. Thanks. Because you've helped me find an eternal perspective. God is good. Life is awesome. So, for an update:

- I'm engaged. Yup. She's pretty awe.some.
- I live in San Francisco. Come visit. My roommates and I have a comfy couch and it's always open...
- I love my work. I'm currently bouncing around coffee shops reading about and talking to people who are changing the world. Young people can do really crazy impactful things. So, I've been encouraged to start an organization with a friend that will aim to fill a gap in the global health technology space by catalyzing the production and scaling of capacity building health technologies designed for the very poor. LOVE this. To pay the bills, I'm consulting for a climate change organization where I'll get to present a project proposal to Obama's staff in the coming months. Nuts.
- Cities are great. San Francisco, Houston, Nashville... I'm trying to slowly convince my fiancee that Vanderbilt Hospital would be a great place for residency... Also, Marques and Wiltiesha miss you guys. Holler at me if you'd be willing to take them to church or hang with some incredible kids. Seriously... these two are incredible.
- I'm reading some awesome books - the current one is "Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard".

I'm thankful for:
- inspiring and loving family and the beauty and wisdom in friendship
- courageous, passionate and humble community in SF and across the country and world
- God's faithfulness in his will for my life, ups and downs.

So... what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment