Monday, March 21, 2011

An Update

It has been a while since I have posted anything substantial and as I sit here at work with not all that much to do and certainly too little time to ask for something to keep myself occupied, I decided to share a life update.

My Job: I recently switched positions in my company last Monday. I was moved to the field on a jobsite in Cookeville, TN, where we are currently building an EP/Cath Lab. Basically through a lot of cool electro pulse technology it is supposed to help people with heart problems, without breaking open their chest for a traditional surgery. It is a really cool project to be on and I like it so far. The commute is a bit of a downer, as I drive 165 miles a day to Cookeville and back, in a little Prius the company gave to me for the next 5-6 months I am here.

My Life: Vanessa and I have been preparing for marriage by wedding planning, marriage counseling, and by looking for places to live next year. It is an exhausting process that has really consumed our lives. We recently met with some family friends of mine, Mark and Trisha Arnold, for marriage counseling and they slapped us in the face with truth. It was an amazing and much needed reminder to be pursuing our individual spiritual growth in Jesus. They emphasized our need to give up control and be listening to the Lord's guidance and resting in His provision. We both felt as though we had just returned from a spiritual retreat after talking to Mark and Trisha several hours. Being reminded of the truth that God knows what He is doing, is such a comforting thought and it has changed how Vanessa and I are approaching our preparation for marriage. We are now more excited than ever to become one.

I hope you all are doing well. It is fun to keep reading these updates on life. Keep posting.

And if you ever are bored 5-6:15 central time, give me a call. I'll just be driving...

Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment