I, too, am alive and well in Namibia! And I still blog very frequently here. This has been the craziest adventure of my life for sure and I have never before been so stretched and molded by God. But despite how painful the adjustment has been and how frequently I've looked at flights home, He is sovereign and is teaching me to lean on Him and have blind faith every day. And most recently - I'm even finding joy in being here! He is good. Read the blog for a more lengthy spiritual/personal/whatever-growth update.
For a little insight into my world, here's my Monday-Friday schedule:
5 50 - wake up
6 10 - eat a bowl of oatmeal, have some quiet time, make sure lessons are ready
7 10 - walk to school
7 15 - (really 7:30) staff meetnig
7 30 to 14 00 - school
14 00 to 15 00 - take advantage of the free internet at school (only time I get to gchat and read the news!)
15 00 - go home, eat a snack, watch some tv shows on dvd, grade papers (all the time)
18 00 - eat dinner, usually some combination of pasta, veggies, and eggs (nothing's changed)
19 00 - call another volunteer and debrief on the day (free cell phone hour!)
20 00 - go to bed because the sun has set (yes, that's 8pm)
Biggest pros to my new life in Namibia: the sky!!! (I'll never stop being in awe), other ex-pats and vols in my program, my mosquito-net-princess-tent
Biggest con this week: the HEAT. It's 100+ degrees every day and the sun is literally too bright to even stand outside. Really missing that Nashville (or anywhere in America) spring
But. I'm alive! And check my Google Reader daily after school. Today was the best day - three updates from this blog! Keep 'em coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment