Last night, I was telling one of my friends here about this awesome thing my friends from school do where we all write blog posts updating each other on our lives... then I realized people have been slacking in actually doing that and I hadn't posted in forever. I've never really been a trend setter (thats for all the other hip Californians to do), but I'm hoping this life update blog post thing might catch on with you all...
I still live in Texas. It's flat and boring. The people are awesome though. I'm part of an incredible community at church and found a sweet Men's group to be a part of. The community there really lives out the love of Christ and seeks to grow closer to Him together. It's encouraging and challenging. I love it. We're doing an incredible series on heaven and being heavenly minded, so if you're into podcasts, the church is 'Ecclesia Houston' and the Pastor's name is Chris Seay.
My dungeons and dragons roommates are still living the dream and having their game meetings every Sunday. One of them even started dating one of the girls in the group... and let's just say the content of their conversations is a little weird to me. Not bad, just weird. I'm trying to relate and understand, but I'm just not into the whole role playing and awful movie watching thing yet...
Work is going well. One of my projects got licensed out to an industrial engineer and is being mass produced in Taiwan right now to implement country-wide in Swaziland. Sweet. Also, since I get to take a free class each semester because I'm a(n?) University employee, I'm getting EMT certified right now. I've got my first 8 hour shift in the ER tonight and then my first 24 hour ambulance shift starting tomorrow night. I'm pumped. I'm not going to be an EMT full-time ever, but I figure it will be great stuff to know and that it might help me decide if God has laid it on my heart to pursue clinical medicine.
On the other end of that spectrum, I'm still loving the engineering portion of working with medical equipment. I'm taking a week off of work starting next Saturday to go to Port-au-Prince and work in the main hospital there repairing their medical devices and teaching a couple classes to local engineers on how to troubleshoot and fix stuff. Again... super pumped for this opportunity, and hopefully it will give me a bit more clarity on the hungers God has placed in my heart.
The last 2 months or so, God has really been transforming my heart. He's protecting me from many of the things I struggled with throughout college and given me an incredible amount of faith and overwhelming joy that allows me to seek Him wholeheartedly. I'm not sure where it all came from and what He's preparing me for, but it feels big and I'm loving life. I'm not sure exactly how to explain it all, but its awesome.
All this to say, I know I'll be in Houston til September, but after that I still have no idea what God wants me to do. I'm somehow okay with that, and it feels great.
Dwell on this:
"If you read history you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were precisely those who thought most of the next. It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this." - CS Lewis
Garrett!! All of this is SO AWESOME! I'm so excited and happy for you and the work you are doing and God is doing in you and through you.
ReplyDelete