Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The blog is not dead...

... although I wouldn't deny that it is in a coma.

Anyways, I am just as guilty as everyone else, seeing as it has been forever since my last post, too.

LIFE UPDATE... (I think better in bullet points):

-- Two days ago I moved to Oxford, MS to begin my first Physical Therapy clinical rotation. I am staying with my aunt, uncle and cousins, which is a huge blessing because that means I don't have to pay double rent here and in Memphis. I am working in the Acute Rehabilitation department at Baptist Memorial Hospital under a wonderful PT named Katherine. So far I have already done a few evaluations and treatments, had a crash course in electronic documentation (pain in the butt), observed a burn wound debridement and seen lots of breasts and penises... hurray for hospital gowns and their serious lack of modesty.

-- I finished my first year of PT school in mid-June with excellent grades and an even more wonderful community of people in Memphis. Between the people in my class, Vandy kids, camp friends and new people I have met from church, I cannot even begin to describe to you all how blessed I feel to be in a place where I not only have great friendships, but a group of loving people to hold me accountable and challenge me in my life. Although I would pass on the lectures from 8-5 everyday, I am hoping these 5 weeks in Oxford go by quickly so I can be back in that community.

-- The 6 weeks before this I have been able to enjoy the last summer break I will have for (basically) the rest of my life. I have been in and out of Nashville constantly... going to various weddings, spending time with my mom, sister and dad at home and going to camp as often as I possibly can.  It has been wonderful to be able to see so many people again after feeling so out of the loop all year long. I have loved seeing Brett and Jane and Clark and so many other people from camp get married and begin a new life with the person that they love! And I can't wait to see Allie and Andrew take those vows this coming weekend!

-- Going back to camp this summer has really reminded me how much I need to find a way to make being around kids a big part in my life. Its not even just that I like being around them, and that it is fun... but I gain so much energy and joy and passion for life and God when I am in the presence of children.  The way they can find happiness in play and in the little things in life is a constant reminder to me of how God calls us to have faith like a child and receive His kingdom as children (Mark 13-16). Basically, I have realized how much I really need and want to be around kids once I get back to Memphis in September and I am really hoping that I can find some place which fits my ridiculous school schedule that I can use my gifts and make an impact on even one kid

Hmm... I know there is much more that I could say, but lets be honest, I've already written way more than any of you have probably read.

I love you all and I anxiously await for the next time I get to see everyone!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I have the perfect solution for you to be around kids in Memphis... have we met? Do you know my life?

    ReplyDelete