Sunday, August 21, 2011

We're Alive in Chicago!

...Well, barely. Tyler got a BAD case of food poisoning yesterday from some mussels so he's alternately sleeping, puking, and asking me to turn the air on and off to match whatever phase of fever he's in. No fun. At least it's God's grace that I have the today and tomorrow off of work so that I can be a good wife/nurse/personal slave while he recovers. But man, food poisoning seems like no fun at all.

Outside of this recent development, we are doing great! We're all moved in to a fabulous new apartment with a great view of the city, Tyler is still enjoying his job and wishing it were 60 hours a week instead of 100, I have a new job as an Early Childhood teacher which is showing me how to love teaching and how to love children again after last year with TFA, and being married is very fun and different and interesting.

We're going to be in the Nash over labor day for Bigger's wedding...I better see you all at some point.

And come visit us in Chicago because we have some room (okay-- we have a comfy couch), a great city, and a lot of booze (Tyler's input, not mine).

Miss you all terribly. Keep getting engaged and then married so we can have reunions next summer too!

No comments:

Post a Comment