Sorry I've been out of the loop, but I've caught up on all the blog posts and life updates. =)
After FIVE months off, I hope I'm ready to return to business school on September 12th. In the meantime, I am working at Legacy Fitness (a kickboxing/boxing gym) and developing a management plan for a church and Child Development Center in Orlando. The church is in the process of merging with another church in the area, but the CDC is thriving (they are one entity)... so we are exploring possible strategies for revenue growth. I am thankful because one of my favorite professors is leading the project (and it counts toward credit!)
I'm also volunteering with Special Olympics on their management team/grant-writing. My younger sister Angela started at Winter Park High School, where her siblings graduated. She is doing great. Angie is volunteering at the YMCA 4 hours a week, washing towels and cleaning bikes. She is also involved in Young Life (thank you Cresson!). I am so proud of her. Living at home, I've spent a lot of time with my family and appreciated our relationship post-graduation.
This year, I've tried to do things I'm afraid of or volunteer for positions I feel inadequate, which sounds ridiculous, but I've found that God is more than adequate and He always shows up in the presentations or in the meetings. God is teaching me (again) that it's not about me. Many times, the worst thing that could happen in my mind, happens..and I'm still okay. Example.. I was meeting someone for the first time over coffee and shortly after I sit down, I hit my gigantic iced tea and it falls all over the ground! So, moments later, I'm ON THE GROUND cleaning my drink and laughing uncomfortably. But, life goes on.
Happy Monday! Miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment