Saturday, August 13, 2011

New Chapters

Yay for the return of the blog!

Guess what? This last year has been the craziest yet. Who would have known when we graduated fifteen months ago that we would have so many adventures in that first year? It's been exciting to see you all at weddings, coffeeshops, etc this summer and hear about the ways the Lord has been leading you and challenging you and rocking your lifeplans. It's great, right? In that really scary hold-on-tight way.

It's been a huge challenge coming back from Namibia and processing time there. But...in crazy, unexpected ways, things have lined up for post-Nam life and next week's going to be a pretty big week. On Tuesday, I will be starting a real adult job! I'm working for an organization that does faith-based international community development, primarily in East Africa, headquartered here in Nashville. I am so deeply excited to be working for this organization. It really is a dream and is an incredible thing to enter into a job that I genuinely believe in and love - and will undoubtedly provide the opportunity for international travel. Obviously, figuring out a budget on a non-profit salary is a challenging thing, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Then...on Friday we move into our house in the 12 South neighborhood - front porch swing and all. Talk about dreams coming true!

So that's my update. Despite catching the bouquet at Mallory & Tyler's wedding, and being further put-on-the-spot by strange wedding traditions, I am not getting married in the next few months. I'm so excited to finally settle into an adult routine and am thrilled to be looking at spending the next several years (forever?) of life rooted in Nashville.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment