Monday, August 15, 2011

If I can make it there, I'll make it...

Helllllllo down there! (that's me cupping my mouth as I stand on top of Rock Center and holler at my biddies and buddies down south) I moved back into NYC on July 31 after unloading a Penske truck full of Greg's things in Philadelphia. Hope you all are doing well overall and are finding new and exciting ways to stretch yourselves, enjoy new sights about town, running new routes in your weekly work outs, discovering a way to wear those cute shoes you have that keep giving you blisters, or finding surprise left over sour gummie worms in your backpack! (always a winner.)I do not assume your lives are boring- rather, most of them involve a new husband or wife or job or home... Mine involves some of that so let me briefly share some deets-the rest of the gorey details can be found on Blaingoesblogway ;)

Housing: If anyone is depressed about the size of their pad- take a gander (when I post my pictures) at my hole in the wall. I don't live in a dollhouse anymore though my room has taken a significant downsizing and has an added person, my good friend Fallon Klug, who sleeps literally a foot away from my bed. Side by side. No, no "L" shape with the twinsies- we are lined up like little orphans (I play Annie). It's a really funny picture that I'm trying to get posted on facebook for your viewing pleasure and cubicle laughs. I'm at E. 77th St. and 3rd and LOVE my location because its literally a stones throw from the nearest subway and my roommates are the BEST.

JOB (pronounced Yob): Unlike how Gossip Girl portrays us Upper East Siders, this one is a starving artist if I'm not allowed to touch my money in the stock market. So, on August 2 I scurried about the city and after several interviews and tests (yes, I had to do math without a calculator!) and a 4 hour cat and mouse chase- I was desperately walking/running but looking like I was walking about the dining room of Hillstone to observe a typical work day and got a job as a server at its location at Park Avenue and 27th St!!! I'm so excited because I'm going to be making some green and have a set schedule.

MISC: I'm back at Apostles Church where Maggie and Jonathan Payne are my seat buddies, along with Fallon and Amanda, two friends I made last fall. I'm taking classes with Jen Waldman who was my theater/acting/vocal mentor before the tour and was in Wicked for two years. She's fabulous. I'm dancing at Broadway Dance Center and tomorrow I'm singing for Rachel Hoffman in a two week class. She is the casting director of the biggest casting agency in the city- Telsey and Co. Looking forward to the week. I fill out paper work for the restaurant Wednesday and until then, I'm working 8:30-5:30 today through Friday as an assistant to Edward Menicheschi, the publisher at Vanity Fair. I'm just a temp, but then again, I'm here for the singing :)

Love you all so much and wish we all had another wedding for a grand celebration and reunion! So grateful for the number of times I saw your smiling, beautiful faces this summer. Such a dream.

XOXO, Gossip G-- whoops. Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment