Saturday, August 27, 2011

hold onto what you believe


now or never seems to be the theme for posting on this blog. and I'm sad to say I've become a huge factor in that never category.
update: still working for Young Life in Memphis. spent most of my first year questioning what the hell I was doing in Memphis, feeling extremely isolated, separated from community but spending a LOT of time with high school kids to fill the void of having actual friends. and in that the Lord was really sweet in affirming my call not only to Young Life, but specifically to Memphis Young Life. and believe me, I have been humbled, rocked, and dragged to the foot of the cross many a time in the past year. but kids have met Jesus. crossed from death to life. despite me, most all of the time.
so I'm entering into year two with a sort of weathered stature, confident that it is the will of our Father in heaven that we proclaim the Gospel to those around us. and for me, specifically, to high school kids in Memphis. and in the midst of that, God's been pretty cool in putting some friends old and new alike in my life in unexpected, sweet, ways.
to put it concisely, I'm pretty sure I have the best job in the world. and am learning what it means to be at home in this city.

love you all. viva la resurrection of the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment