Monday, November 1, 2010

Changes, changes

Hi friends,

Can I just say how DEARLY I missed all of you during homecoming weekend? I was stuck in Chicago for TFA professional development and spent a lot of the weekend sulking. Although I think in the end, missing the reunion was probably a good thing-- I do not think I'm in a good emotional place to be confronted with how awesome my life used to be. I would've had a mental breakdown I think upon returning to my new reality here in Chicago. And let me be frank, most days it really isn't THAT bad. But, can anything compare to life at Vandy? I've yet to find anything.

Some quick updates:
-I got moved from 3rd grade to 1st grade and I am beyond excited about this switch, even though it means starting from scratch again a fourth of the way into the year. I think everyone who knows me would agree that I am better suited for the younger ones anyway.

-Grad school is so ridiculous. I reiterate what Chase said-- turns out Vandy undergrad makes everything else seem easy. Which is good in some senses, but in others is annoying and it's expensive to re-learn everything you learned at Vandy by less competent teachers.

-I'm trying to convince Tyler day-in and day-out that we should move back the the Nash.

-If you feel inclined, please pray for my health and Tyler's health. I've been sick with something for like a month now, and Tyler was actually admitted to the hospital this past weekend for exhaustion/dehydration after working from 9am to 5am for four consecutive nights. Sheesh.

So that's my update, as usual. School, grad school, Tyler's schedule craziness and how much I MISS you all. For real though, come visit Chicago. We can go shopping and see shows and live it up in the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment