Sunday, November 28, 2010

6 months later...

It's been a while. Despite the fact that I check the blog almost daily, I haven't posted myself in forever. So selfish, I know. Since there's been a few changes in my life, I'll do the ever-popular bullet list:
-Went on the 5 week road trip with Garrett (see his posts) and Jeff. Saw big animals, big monuments, big cities, and big plates of fried all-sorts-of-things. Mmm.
-Moved to Nash in late July to start school.
-Lived for 3 months without any furniture in my living room except 2 $10 IKEA end tables, and heard about it every day from Karen, who happened to be living with me for a month. I have a tendency to wind up living with girls. This makes the third time in 2 years...
-Started working at Shade Tree in the pharmacy, helping deliver the drugs that our very own Kiely (and Preston) provide us. Hello meaningful work.
-Got addicted to funfetti.
-Nearly won the med school equivalent of the House Cup. Fail. But I am in the med school equivalent of Gryffindor. Win!
-Got a fried goo goo cluster at the state fair. Working on getting that goo out of my coronary arteries.
-Went to see Garrett and company in Houston in October to confirm that his roommates are as weird as advertised. They are.
-Got addicted to coffee. Hey med school.
-Brett moved in!
-Got furniture... benefits of Brett's income.
-Got confirmation that I get to go to Lwala next summer to do a parasite research project (i.e. I'll be playing with poop all summer). Sick. In so many ways.
-Cut into my first human body. Ho.ly.cow. I love it. Don't judge.
-Went to a medical missions conference in Louisville. Skepticism and inspiration had a wonderful collision.
-Saw Needtobreathe at the Ryman, and my life was changed. I decided to post about it on the fbook, and my family thought I was suffocating because of med school work. I wasn't, but I got extra prayer because of the miscommunication. What a deal!
-Came home for Thanksgiving, and I have been giving thanks for all the blessings in my life hard core this week. You all are tops on my list!

Keep these updates coming!
Jon

2 comments: