It has been far too long since I have posted or even read these blogs. I actually forgot the blog existed until recently, and what a joy it has been to read the posts. To make up for my lack of posting and lack of reading, I spent the beginning of my work day reading ALL of the posts. I am now sufficiently caught up on most everyone's life, if they have posted.
I know what you are thinking. You are thinking, "Wow, Brett, you are a really fast reader!" And you would be incorrect. So then you must be thinking, "Wow Brett, you must really have nothing to do at work!" That is correct! And they are paying me. What a deal.
Anyways, really brief condensed version of my life over the last six and half months:
- Went to India for 6 weeks. Lived walking distance from Vanessa. God's provision was spectacular.
- Went to my sister's wedding. So freaking hot! My brother passed out. All in all, very fun.
- Hung with Vanessa. In NYC and saw Wicked. Went to her friend's wedding in Florida
- Family Vaca. Virginia Beach. So much fun. Coined the phrase "giggly Mom" after my mom had one too many cosmos
- Went to Europe with Andrew. Ridiculously sweet. Switzerland, Italy, Spain, France, and Ireland. Pictures to come on facebook eventually.
- Returned home for a few days and moved to Nashville. Moved in with Jon. Kicked Karen out.
- Started work on Oct 1st. I really like work. Unlike you teachers, investment bankers, and basically everyone else who is working, I am not busy. I would like to be, because I enjoy work, but I do not enjoy doing nothing in my cube (which is actually most of my time).
- I feel like an adult. I have benefits and a 401k. Thank you to Tyler and Lauren Law, my personal financial advisors. You will be happy to know that after 1 month of employment my portfolio has returned 3% in just a month. Unfortunatly I cannot contribute to it for the first 30 days and thus I have 126 dollars of employee contributions. Meaning I have made 4 dollars! Whoop whoop!
- It is Vanessa and I's 2 year anniversary today!
In conclusion, keep posting so I can entertain myself at work. I miss you all. Except Aaron, Liz, Kiely, Fuchs, Jon, and Karen. I've seen you all recently.
Brett
PS - most of the Soultrain will be in Nashvegas this weekend!
PSS - These are not the droids you are looking for.
i LOLed at work over this. even though i am far too busy to be checking this blog at work.
ReplyDeleteps where's the video of mangy cat vs chipmunk?
All aboard for the Soultrain reunion. Choo choo.
ReplyDelete