Friday, November 5, 2010

everything

Since I haven't updated in a while, I thought I'd share some highlights from the past couple months.

1. I am learning to play the violin. Not a lie. Really. Its super fun. I am excited about it. I told Ms. Leslie Kelly that and she said "Wow Kiely, that is the same thing as if I told you I just got a pet elephant." I guess its shocking. Maybe I'll do a performance for you guys next time I see you.

2. I have a godson. What? I'm not old enough for this! But apparently my aunt and uncle think I am, because they bestowed that honor upon me for their new baby. He is soooo cute and I am excited about it.

3. Today at work a clinic director told us that we are an unexpected blessing and we'll be their saving grace for providing medications. That affirmation was pretty encouraging. Especially as I am far more likely to hear about the drugs we don't have enough of on a daily basis--positive feedback is a motivator like no other.

4. Fuchs is coming home with me for Thanksgiving. I'm pretty excited about it. But I don't know if she is ready for the family.

5. We had a beautiful fall here in Nashville, but its officially cold now. Bummer.

6. Acklen Ave. is not the place to trickortreat apparently: we only had 4 people. And I'm pretty sure they were in college.

7. I went to a Global Health class a few weeks ago--yes, spent time in a classroom on a Saturday. Nerd alert. But it was great and it made me excited (again) about everything I care about and working in that field someday.

8. Still thankful to be in Nashville, still learning, still missing you all, still want to hear what's going on in all of your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment