So this is my first blog post ever....But ya'll are important enough to me to want to do this and be in your lives so I am giving in and becoming a blogger. The past month I have been in Chi-town being utterly bored except for a great interlude into the city with Sarah Russel (it was quite the night, complete with a restaurant adventure at the Purple Pig, Cheese, Wine and Swine), an epic bike crash (complete with wonderful bruises), and discovering my undying love of hockey (fast-paced and violent, what more could a sporting girl ask for?)....PS for those of you who didn't catch Blackhawks fever, you missed a fantastically entertaining Stanley Cup victory, which I do contribute my continued sanity the past month at least partially to.....
So where does that leave me now? Well I am currently in Winter Park, FL at Jesse's house. Why? Well besides my need for a little Vandy loving, training for staff for CRU is actually at Rollins College which is 5 minutes away from her house. So today I am about to begin that adventure. People keep asking me how I feel about it and to be honest there is a part of me scared out of my mind and another part that hasn't quite realized I am not going back to Vandy and to ya'll in the fall. The analogy I have been using is its like a roller coaster. I feel like the past 22 years I have steadily been climbing, click, click, click, click, click. Moving along at that pace just waiting to get to the top and fall. But you know how before that big drop there is that little hump where you are done climbing but haven't yet been pulled into the rush of the drop yet? Where you sit there knowing you are about to be pulled down into this wild ride and there is nothing you can do about it, and so you just sit there, say a little prayer, and in a split second debate whether to hang on for dear life or to throw your hands up and let go, because either way you're about to go down? Well that is where the past month has been for me, that split second in time where I know I am about to drop into this wild, scary, thrilling and incredible adventure, but at the moment I feel weightless even though I'm beginning to fall.
So yeah, I start today, and I'm still not sure when I find out what campus I am on, but I will post, text, send emails, even send up smoke signals when I do know. So if ya'll could just keep me in your prayers these next five weeks I would appreciate it. Because my decision is though I want to cling for dear life, I am throwing up my hands, enjoying this ride, and trusting in where God has called me. I may be regretting that about the time I hit the loop-de-loop of support raising next month, but I am trusting him to provide through that. So things to pray for specifically are growth, an open heart, and when the time comes partners to support how God is moving on whatever campus I end up on. I miss ya'll so much. I was around Jesse and Blake last night (and for those of you who know Blake's friend Lee, he was my taboo partner....it was quite the evening), and it felt like I never left Vandy, and I miss everyone incredibly. I am sorry I am so horrible about keeping in contact, please, forgive me....I will be better....anyway got to go.
Peace out,
Ceschy
PS. Gasty your ps made me laugh out loud, thanks for the shout out
No comments:
Post a Comment