On Monday morning, I received a phone call from a public policy group up in DC inviting me to participate in a new program that focuses on issues pertaining to fiscal policy. Jackpot, that's right up my alley. However, there was one catch: the program began on Wednesday (today). Surprise! So on Tuesday morning, I bid a bittersweet farewell to Nashville and began the long but scenic road trip up to DC. I write to you now having just finished my first day on the job, which looks like it will be terrific. For half a day each week, I participate in a seminar and discussion group hosted by major DC think tanks and attended by other interns who are also working on fiscal policy issues. The other 4.5 days, I am working in the Economic Development division of the National Governors' Association, an organization that acts as a public policy consultancy for the governors of the 50 states. As you can imagine, I am a little disoriented from my sudden leap from a leisurely Nashville summer schedule to full time work hours. I woke up at 6 today - yuck. Nevertheless, I shall persevere.
In other news, I have moved into a great house with Banx Benitez and two other dudes from Davidson who are planning to introduce me to their friends as Yannis the Mad Greek. It looks like Banx and I have found some roommates who are at least as goofy as we are - another good omen.
Finally, as you can see from the title of this post, I am predicting that I will unearth buried treasure before my next post on this blog. Stay tuned to discover if my prediction proves to be accurate.
Cheers,
Lucas
No comments:
Post a Comment