Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Go USA

So can I just say that I couldn't be working at a more perfect company at the moment...when the entire office explodes with applause and yelling after a soccer game (and actually supports you wathcing it at work)...I just have to smile. When the USA beat Algeria about 20 seconds after regulation time...I was overwhelmed with so much pride and excitment...I actually had tears in my eyes. I don't know if you all feel the same way, but I feel like sports is a way of bringing an entire country together. The only soccer games that I'm seriously watching are of the USA, so I don't know what I would have done until July 11 if we would have lost today. I'm currently watching the Mahut vs. Isner tennis match (while working of course)...they've been playing for over 9 hours and 45 minutes (Just imagine...that is about thet ime it would take to run 2 marathons!). They have 58 games a piece...I cannot imagine how physically exausted each athlete is, but they are continuing to battle it out. I'm continuing to look for work and figure out what I want to do next (the life of freelancing)...I'm pretty much booked until the end of August, so that's good. I just want to keep busy. I'm going to work X Center and the Little League World Series...I'm trying to work the US Nationals Gymnastics event as well...and might squeeze in a trip to the Dakota's with my family.

I'm planning a trip to Europe for the first 2 weeks in September...probably Scotland, London, Paris, and maybe Switzerland. If anyone has any ideas of what to do in these countries, I would LOVE to hear it (especially from those of you who studied abroad...PLEASE speak up!)

1 comment:

  1. Switzerland is one of my favorite countries! Try visiting Interlaken. I visited that and Lucerne, but Lucerne was too touristy for me. But basically, if you go any town in the Swiss Alps, you'll do well. I've heard of a Swiss town that's only accessible via cable car, but I forget the name.

    Of course, I have to make a shout-out for Vienna. I'm a big fan of Wiener Sportkub, the minor league soccer team there: http://www.wienersportklub.at
    More so for the crowd and the ambience than actually soccer, but in any case it's some of the best fun I've had there.

    ReplyDelete