Thursday, June 17, 2010

a little joy from the playground of life :)

Hey there!!!

I sort of feel like a little kid on one of those turny-hold-on-for-your-life things that is on the playground, simply holding on for dear life, giggling all the way, slightly dizzy, but I haven't thrown up yet :)

Life after graduation has been slightly hectic, but galactic indeed. Here's a little run-down of the last few weeks:

Nashvegas!: I moved into my new house (Virginia, Minor and Kelly Harper are living there too during the school year!) which is a 100 year old house, has TONS of character and looks like swiss cheese from the outside and makes me laugh every time I look at it. It's really been great so far and I am already loving living in a house..ps..you all MUST come visit in Nashville!!! We have 2 futons waiting for people to sleep on and tons of floor space!!!!

Greece: Kiely and I (as you already know) headed off to Greece for a little adventure. It was a wonderful and much needed break to just relax, sit out at the pool (sort of...I don't really sit still for more than 10 minutes..but I managed to break my record for length sitting still a few times throughout the trip), read (A Thousand Miles in a Million Years..you must read it!) and explore the beautiful land of Greece.

Thoughts during the Trip: Throughout the trip I started thinking about my story...what has my story been like these last four years and what does it mean to life a life with an exciting story...and a lot of what I have realized is that it has to do with my willingness to put myself in positions where I could fail, where I might have to take a risk, where the outcome is not clear (which is pretty contrary to how I have lived my life the last four years...living from syllabi to syllabi and striving for perfection in grades)...much of these thoughts have been due to my upcoming trip to India and just having a lot of fears, questions and unknowns that I have to trust God through it all...for peace, for protection, for guidance and for a knowledge in His almighty hand being in everything.

Back to Nashville: Three days after getting back from Greece, I got back into the good 'ole classrooms on peabody and started my summer school courses for graduate school. IT'S SO STRANGE TO BE BACK ON CAMPUS!!! Yikes, reading and tests and papers...o my! Needless to say, it has been a little shock to my system but it has defintely been confirmed that I am in the right place...although the reading is daunting and the projects seem rushed and intense..I love what I am learning and am ecstatic about learning more about education and how to go into schools and make a difference as a teacher!

Off to Houston: I'll be heading to Houston for the wedding! Ahh!! So stellar and exciting! Just got called "baby" and "boo" in the airport...it's off to a good start. lol

Well...that's all from the life of the girl on the turny-hold-on-for-your-life thing on the playground..maybe I'll move to the swings sometime soon...we'll see...who knows what the Lord has in store :)

No comments:

Post a Comment