Hey friends! Just a quick note to say that I was hired yesterday! This basically means that I've been received my placement for Teach for America in Chicago, and I'm going to be a kindergarten or 1st grade co-teacher at a new, rigorous charter school on the west side called Rowe Elementary! I seriously could not be more excited about this school, the TFA-alumni administration, and working with 7 other 2010 TFA corps members! I had to do an interview, a 25-minute sample lesson in Rowe's "Harvard Class of 2024" kindergarten class, and a de-brief with the principal and grade level chair. I'm super excited because this school is moving into a new building next year, and is only 2.5 miles from where Tyler will be living and working! It has been such a blessing. For those of you who don't know, I've had a really tumultuous placement process so far, including being hired and then later having the offer rescinded, and it is great to feel so strongly that God was preparing me to work at Rowe. Check out their website at www.roweelementaryschool.org!
Other than that, I miss you all! Tyler and I have been doing more pre-marital counseling stuff, aka HOD, and that's been fun. He goes to NYC for training in about two weeks. Life here is good and exciting and I'm making a ton of new friends, although for each new friend I make, I miss one of you and how much I valued my time and close friendships at Vandy. Therefore, come visit Chicago!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment