Hello friends!
Thanks for sharing your adventures, pictures, joys, struggles, prayers, haikus and stories
It's been a big week for me so I figured it's about time to share. I had a great couple months of summer in which I got some mediterranean sun, saw some great friends, watched some soccer and spent some quality time with my family. I also made fried green tomatos for the first time ever, drove (back) to Nashville immediately after graduation to find a house, and watched my little brother graduate high school. It was nice to have free time to relax a bit and get used to the idea of entering real life.
Last Thursday I officially moved to Nashville! Its a full house right now and pretty delightful. I took after Karen and started my new life with a paintbrush to my walls, and now my room is an aptly named Cheerful Hue (of yellow) which makes me feel like it's always sunny! In other big events, I went to Amanda Ayerst's wedding last weekend (which was absolutely beautiful), started work again, and inserted phrases such as "benefits" "i got my degree" and "earned time off" into my vernacular. Strange. However strange it is though, I feel immensely blessed to be at this place of opportunity in life. Each day is a mixture of sweet blessings and stretching moments.
It's good to be back at the Dispensary of Hope, they were excited to see me again yesterday, so that's definitely a good sign. I have just been updating the website the last couple days, which is slightly less than exciting, but everyone go visit it and then spread the word, and then my work will be worth it! (www.dispensaryofhope.org)
Well that's everything for now, but everyone come visit. Really. There will always be bed-futon-floor-porch-car space for all of you.
much love.
ps--it's been suggested that we all post an update every month or so just to keep it going. i'm not going to be the blog police or anything, but... do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment