Monday, July 19, 2010

Kelly Clarkson

...so on the way back to Illinois Institute of Technology today, I had the pleasure of hearing Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You."

And I had this flashback to BYX formal junior year when this song was popular, and how I was singing it at the top of my lungs surrounded by you guys and how *full* and *loved* and *blessed* I felt in that moment. I specifically remember this song and just feeling like "I have to remember this moment."

And today, as I called up that memory with nostalgia and loss, I realized...to some extent, that my life DOES suck without you guys.

And I know I still have you. To be cliche and all that, I feel very much that I carry you and your impact (collectively and individually) with me all the time in this new, suddenly grown-up person that I've become.

But still. It sucks being in a new city without you all. I miss you and Vandy in the midst of these exciting changes and opportunities.

Reunion soon? Visit to Chicago soon and I'll put you up on an air mattress in my quaint apartment in a hip little neighborhood? You're always welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment