What do you think was going through the heads of the nation of Israel when they were being lead out of Egpyt in Exodus? What about when God was toughening Pharaoh's heart during the few months of plauges? And during the first Passover week?
Our God is a God who loves to lead us.
So again, consider the question: what was going through the Israelites' heads before God lead them out of slavery and captivity, into a new life of freedom unseen for ten generations?
I'm going to argue that some of the thoughts we have about being lead by God right now, in 2010, are the same thoughts that God's people had almost 4000 years ago.
That's insane that God is that consistent in leading people- that after 4000 years, He still delights in leading.
And this morning, I think I share a lot of the "I don't' know what God is doing, but he must be crazy and awesome" thoughts that the Hebrew slaves had.
This morning, I emailed USC committing, once again, to the Building Science program. Orientation starts in 13 days.
Thirteen days.
That's thirteen days to pack up my life in Denver, drive down to Los Angeles, find housing and get settled, all before I start a new education in something I've never learned before.
So, I think the Israelites must have shared some of the "what's going on"-ness that I'm going through now. Because God called them, too, to pack up their lives and go into a really uncertain place. And He wanted them to do it fast.
I'll update you guys as soon as I can. I miss you, individually and corporately.
Heaven's going to be sweet. We can hang out all the time.
And as a sidenote- if you know any solid people in Los Angeles, lemme know! I need to start looking for a room to call my own, and researching which gang offers the best insurance options. I'm joking... kinda. haha
peace,
chase
Psalm 37:5
Commit everything you do .
wow dude, glad you're about to settle into something. building science! sweet!
ReplyDeleteour program has been studying a lot of Old Testament figures this summer - the leadership of God is impressive. let's keep trusting.
sh