Sunday, May 23, 2010

Update from Jacksonville, FL

Hello friends!

First, hats off to Kiely and Sarah for setting this blog up. I have really enjoyed reading about everyone's adventures and plans for the future. At the moment, I'm back in Jacksonville spending some time with my family and continuing my epic quest for employment. You will be pleased to know that of the seven or so days that I have been back, I have managed to get through three of them without changing out of my PJ's, which translates to a 42.8% success rate, so I have achieved a major victory there. To be perfectly candid though, I should also disclose the fact that I suffered a small sartorial defeat on Thursday when it took me half of the day to realize that I had put my boxers on backwards (alas!).

Setting the riveting discussion of my wardrobe aside for a moment, let me fill you in on my tentative plan for the future. I plan to move back to Nashville in a week or so and I'm hoping to find a job somewhere that will tie me over while I carefully navigate the labyrinthine application process for a diplomat position at the State Department. However, having so much uncertainty in my life has been a real challenge, especially since I am still dizzy from the abrupt conclusion of our time together at Vanderbilt. While part of me would like nothing more than to retreat to Destin and spend an eternity romping with everyone on the beach, I am excited to see what God has in store for each of you.

Best wishes,
Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment