Thursday, May 27, 2010

Yassus

Hi friends! Yassus is one of 3 words I know in Greek--and I'm not even sure I spelled it right--so hello from Athens!

Liz and I have had a couple great days full of fun. Yesterday we met up with Jon and then walked around the city, climbed a mountain (really) and went to this sweet hostel with a rooftop bar from which we could see the sunset, moonrise, and Parthenon (the real one--we haven't seen it up close yet, but have noticed enough to say that our own Parthenon in Nashville-while in slightly better shape- doesn't quite compare. Today we just kind of repeated yesterday's walking the city (minus the mountain) and met up with her parents when they got here. Its been great! I'm a little worried because all this recent vacating from real life (beach week, home, Greece...) is making it harder to think about adjusting back to the real world and a job... for now though, I am enjoying Greece and figuring I'll be ready when I need to be. Speaking of enjoing Greece, Liz and I have been recording some flip-video footage and are going to try to post it on here soon, so get ready!

Hope you all are doing well! I am loving reading your stories on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment