So... I'm pretty much doing my own version of the Jersey Shore over here. They do GTL (Gym, Tan, Laundry). Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either... but I do GTB (Gym, Tan at the beach and Read lots of books, and watch Baseball). My days pretty much consist of going to the gym, then the beach to read, and watch Dodger games at night with mom and grandma... living the life, huh? I put a picture down at the bottom to show you what its like... All of my friends from home are on the quarter system so they don't graduate until the middle of June - my brother's graduation is June 13th, I think - so there really isn't a whole lot to do around here... I actually just decided to head up to Oregon to hang out with him for a week and a half and watch the NCAA track championships before he graduates, so I leave for that the 6th or something...
I've also been looking for jobs a bunch - actually just got off the phone doing an interview with the VA Hospital in Houston... but nothing has come to fruition yet. Most of my time has been spent planning an epic road trip with Jon and my twin brother, Jeff. We would love to see as many of you guys as possible, so I'm gonna put the list of places we're staying below. Please tell us if you'll be there so we can hang out!!!
6/18) LA - LV
6/19) LV - Grand Canyon
6/19) LV - Grand Canyon
6/20) Grand Canyon - Zion National Park
6/21) Zion National Park
6/22) Zion - Arches National Park
6/23) Arches National Park
6/24) Arches National Park - Yellowstone National Park
6/23) Arches National Park
6/24) Arches National Park - Yellowstone National Park
6/25) Yellowstone National Park - Grand Teton National Park
6/26) Grand Teton National Park6/27) Grand Teton National Park - Mt. Rushmore
6/28) Mt. Rushmore - Minneapolis
6/29) Minneapolis
6/30) Minneapolis - Chicago
6/30) Minneapolis - Chicago
7/1) Chicago
7/2) Chicago - St Louis
7/3) St. Louis
7/4) St. Louis - Nashville
7/5-8) Nashville (4 full days)
7/9) Nashville - Atlanta
7/10-11) Atlanta
7/5-8) Nashville (4 full days)
7/9) Nashville - Atlanta
7/10-11) Atlanta
7/12) Atlanta - Houston
7/13) Houston - San Antonio
7/14) San Antonio
7/15) San Antonio - Carlsbad Caverns
7/16) Carlsbad Caverns - Phoenix
7/17) Phoenix - LA
7/13) Houston - San Antonio
7/14) San Antonio
7/15) San Antonio - Carlsbad Caverns
7/16) Carlsbad Caverns - Phoenix
7/17) Phoenix - LA
So yeah, if youre gonna be in any of those places, tell us! Until the road trip starts, I'm really not doing anything so if anyone ever wants to come visit LA, let me know!
Sorry this isn't much of an update. There isnt a whole lot to tell. I'm gonna post the first picture though:

sweet pic!
ReplyDeleteTetons are soooo amazing, I am jeal.
I have fam in STL if you guys don't have somewhere to stay.
hey man! there's an awesome place outside the tetons called shadow mountain. if you're crashing for a night it's just a primitive campsite, but i saw one of my favorite sunsets there and it was great to get a little further off the beaten path. lemme know if that piques your interest.
ReplyDeletesh
i want to see you guys when you're in chicago! you always have a place to stay at my house if you need it.
ReplyDeleteCHICAGO!!! Tyler and I are going to be around and free on July 2nd! I actually have a RARE day off of TFA institute for 7/2 and my sister will also be in town and we should hang out!!!!!! Also...who's "stanky"??
ReplyDeletegarrett/jon - there is an amazing trail in the tetons that is an out&back on a peninsula that looks at the teton range from across jackson lake. when i went backpacking in yellowstone/tetons after freshman year, the trails through the tetons were still closed due to snow, but this trail was seriously amazing with great views. definitely doable as a day hike (what we did) but there's also a sweet campsite at the tip of the peninsula. sadly, i don't remember the name of the trail, but it was close to signal mountain campground, so maybe someone there could help you out. check it!
ReplyDeleteseth and i will be making it over to nashville for the 4th of july weekend (probably thursday night through monday afternoon 7/5). i would love to see you when you're there. we'll be in memphis the rest of the time if you guys get a chance to head a little bit west!
ReplyDeletestanky...seth harkins. fitting? not sure. somehow that got attached at CRU bonfire freshman year. micah's to thank, i believe.
ReplyDelete