I completely agree with everyone who is overwhelmed by the sudden halt of our fast-paced Vandy lives. I've been in Charlotte for the last week with Nick's family, and it hit me- I have a to-do list of seven things for the next TWO months. Whoa. So in between figuring out those seven items, I'm getting to do some incredible things! This week has included two white water kayaking sessions at the US National Whitewater training center (dream come true, literally), lots of cooking for the Gordon family- today I attempted homemade cinnamon rolls-, running around Charlotte to combat all the cooking, and reading.
Tomorrow we are headed to the lodge. After a week there we'll be in Atlanta for about 5 days, back to Charlotte for a day, then up to Bay Village (the actual name of the place my parents live, it's technically not Cleveland, thank goodness). I'm quite excited for our foray to the Dirty Jers for my brother's wedding and seeing long lost relatives; it should be quite the combination.
But for now, time is my friend! I'm learning about creating productive days without anything scheduled, going through Francis Chan's Remembering the Forgotten God, which is challenging my view of the Holy Spirit, and getting to relax and recharge! It's slowly sinking in that we're no longer college students, and it makes me miss each one of you!
Btw- LOVE this blog.
Love y'all!
Jane
The kayaking dream!! You're gonna represent Vandy so well come Olympics time :)
ReplyDelete