Hi friends! What an encouragement to hear all your updates. Here's the most recent news from Glenview, IL:
In trying to fill my time before camp starts in June, I decided to paint my bedroom at home. It was an arduous process of trying to pick a room color and get my act together (if you've never noticed, I'm TERRIBLE at making decisions). But...I decided on a sweet mint green color that looks so great and cheerful.
Unfortunately the picture doesn't do the color justice, so come visit to see it for real! More importantly, as you all move into new places (or try to spruce up your old place), if you need someone to paint anything CALL ME. I will gladly come paint your room if it means I get to spend time with you...I'm not joking. I'll be there.
I also just received a sweet gift from my aunt and uncle called "Tomorrow: Adventures in an Uncertain World." It's one of those small books that has a sentence per page beneath cute/funny/silly pictures of animals. Despite its cutesy layout, these books generally pack a punch of wisdom, and this part made me think of all of you. So, I leave you with this:
(might have to click on it to read the words...)
big love.

that book makes me think of a quote i heard this year, i think it's more or less true:
ReplyDelete“You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” – Jim Rohn
but even more profound, and one of my favorite quotes this semester:
"You become like what you worship. When you gaze in awe, admiration, and wonder at something or someone, you begin to take on something of the character of the object of your worship... When you gaze in love and gratitude at the God in whose image you were made, you do indeed grow. You discover more of what it means to be fully alive." -NT Wright