The phrase "pura vida" has come to mean a variety of things in Costa Rica: "cool!" "this is living!" or its simple translation, "pure life!" I personally prefer its reference to a lifestyle without regard to time and a "this is the life!" kind of attitude. Fortunately, I have been able to satisfy all of these definitions during this past week while I have been on vacation with my family in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Getting on a plane at 6:15am the day after graduation seemed like a whirlwind at the time, but it has been completely worth it it to spend one precious week with my mom, dad and sister. Since we got here I have been horseback riding, ziplining over waterfalls and canyons, whitewater rafting on the most challenging rapids I have seen, mud-bathing and hot springs-ing and relaxing at the pool with a future of catamarans and snorkeling! What an amazing adventure this country has taken me on! Costa Rica has been an absolutely wonderful place to recuperate after an emotion-charged departure from Vanderbilt, though. The perfect time and place...
I know Kiely and I are both SO very excited that everyone is on board with this blog and I can't wait to hear what is going on in people's lives! We couldn't stand feeling like everyone was parting ways, so here is our way to stay connected. I miss you ALL already!
Until next time... Pura Vida!
No comments:
Post a Comment