Saturday, May 22, 2010

what is this i don't even...

hey all-

so a quick update on my life:
i roadtripped back to denver and since getting back, i've done nothing but eat, sleep, watch movies, and one (1) session of p90x. as i blog this, i am watching citizen kane and me and my friend are trying to decipher what "rosebud" means.

plans for next year are finally coming into place, as i committed to going to USC's master of building science program. it's two years and that scares the heck out of me, considering i don't really know what an MBS student does other than make buildings look weird. i thought i would have an overwhelming sense of peace about it all, but it turns out i really don't. i'm still a little uneasy about moving to LA (watching mulholland drive did nothing to relax me), especially since i have almost zero details figured out other than the fact that i'll be going to class at USC... and probably getting a season pass to disneyland.

so while plans right now are coming into place, i'm still gonna look for other opportunities which might bring a little bit more peace or resolution to my life, i think. nothing is final, though, right now. i'll post something as soon as i figure stuff out.

summer plans right now tentatively include working at younglife camp in colorado before moving wherever.

it's just now setting in that this is real life, not summer vacation from vandy. i miss you guys a lot, and can't wait for whatever reunion we might have.

agape,
chase

4 comments:

  1. chase, congrats on making the decision! although i understand how that can still feel uneasy. have you tried looking into volunteer opportunities in LA, or churches, or other things that you might be able to invest in aside from school? finding things that interest you and get you going might make the move seem a little more do-able and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making a decision! I'm sure you will settle into your choice and become more and more excited as time goes on. If you ever make a weird building as a result of your degree I will whole-heartedly show it to everyone I know and brag that I know the designer!

    Hopefully this will settle your mind a bit in regards to the driving: when I went to visit Garrett in LA I drove on the interstates and I survived. I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I ask which P90X routine you completed? Tony Horton will put you on the express train to results city if you let him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lucas- will and i did the AB RIPPER X program because (a) it didn't require any additional materials and (b) it was fast. will says "three days later, i'm still sore." like you, luthor, i have been incredibly lethargic since my graduation... so doing p90x was less of a workout and more of a method to alleviate my laziness, even though it was temporary. now we are using the excuse of being sore to sit around coffee houses and talk God and sit on couches and watch movies.

    sarah and karen-
    thanks so much for the encouragement!! it's definitely setting in that i'll be in LA and with that comes the challenge to expect God to show up. as i was reading francis chan's crazy love, i realized that whatever God has in store for me, it's not about me... it's about Him. i'm blessed to be able to play in His grand symphony, and stoked that He's written a part just for me, regardless of whether I want to play it or not (and don't worry, i definitely want to!).

    more updates to come as they happen.

    i am incredibly blessed to have you all as my friends and companions down this road

    ReplyDelete